Hi! I recently posted a little bit about what life has been like lately, but I have more to share. Without further ado, here are eight random thoughts/happenings from my life lately…
1. I’m enjoying being an intern! I’m interning at a law office that does a lot of work in the oil and gas industry, and it’s definitely a cool experience. I’m learning new lingo, web programs, and doing some journalism-type work, too. I also love the fact that I can eat lunch outside.
2. Along with my internship, I’m also completing an independent study for Penn State. The independent study is on freelance writing, and it’s definitely keeping me busy. I’m working on writing feature stories, pitch letters, and conducting interviews. Personally, I think the best part of the process is interviewing people–asking questions is one of my favorite things to do (just ask Jimmy… haha). It’s just amazing to meet new people, learn their story, and then write about it!
3. I had a blast babysitting Lola and Brandy two weekends ago while my parents and sister visited New York City. I missed them so, so much!
4. I love cleaning. I have always enjoyed organizing and cleaning, but now that Jimmy and I have our own space, my love of cleaning has reached a whole new level. I adore the smell of Pine Sol and have a mild obsession with shining our floors.
5. I just heard that Sharknado 2 is coming out on July 30th. I’m seriously so excited. Watching Sharknado was partially what got me through a dry socket after having my wisdom teeth removed last summer, haha.
6. Jimmy and I have been married for over a month now. I am so blessed!
7. My church had a really great visitor from Good News Productions International at a recent Sunday night service and we learned about how different forms of media can be used for global evangelism. It was really inspiring!
8. Speaking of church, a couple from our church that Jimmy and I are really close with is getting married in September and we’re in their wedding. We had them over our house for lunch and a bridal shower planning session recently and it was awesome. I’m going to be baking cookies for the shower. Can’t wait!
Alright, I better get going. I have
some a lot of homework and intern work to do!
What’s going on in your life lately?
P.S. Congrats to Theresa J for winning the Spartan Race giveaway! I will be in touch with you ASAP!