Now onto the point of this post:
I’m home with Hannah. And four needy pets.
Things that happened this week (so far) that make me appreciate my parents:
- Our golden lab had diarrhea all over our basement. I almost puked cleaning it and then I realized I didn’t want to clean puke and diarrhea. Little did I know that I would be cleaning puke within a few hours.
- Our cat puked twice. Once in the kitchen and once in the hallway.
- The same cat peed on a bathroom rug.
- I found a bug in my bed. I laid down and felt a tickle on my elbow… turns out it was a bug.
- The fire alarm started going off because the battery died.
- Hannah forgot her math book so she couldn’t figure out her homework and I know nothing about math.
- The “Check Engine” light in my truck appeared.
I know it probably sounds like I either make my pets really sick or I’m complaining. I’m not complaining (and I really hope I don’t make my pets sick!).
I have always known that my parents deal with all of the aforementioned issues but I never really appreciated/understood everything they do until I had to do it all at once by myself.
So mom and dad, if you’re reading this… I haven’t burned the house down yet! I just wanted to say thanks for everything you do for me. Happy anniversary, I love you!