1. What is a purity ring?
A purity ring is a ring worn by a guy or girl as a sign of commitment to sexual purity until marriage.
2. Which finger do you wear your purity ring on?
I wear my purity ring on my left ring finger, which is the finger that is typically designated for a wedding ring.
3. What does your purity ring have engraved on it?
It has the words “true love waits” engraved on it.
4. Why did you choose a ring that says “true love waits”?
Because I believe it. If someone truly loves you, they will be willing to wait until they’re married to you to have sexual relations with you.
5. Did you sign a contract when you got your purity ring? What does it say?
Yes, I did. It says “Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day forward until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship.”
6. Where did you get your purity ring?
I got it from the Family Christian bookstore.
7. Why do you wear a purity ring?
See this post.
7. Does your boyfriend wear a purity ring? What does his say?
Yes, his purity ring has “1 Thes 4:3″ engraved on the outside and “purity” engraved on the inside. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 is a scripture from the Bible that says “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality.” His ring is also from the Family Christian bookstore.
8. What are you allowed to do sexually while wearing a purity ring?
I believe this is between the ring wearer and God. Personally, my boyfriend and I have decided to only kiss on the lips (a quick peck only) until we are married. So that means no making out, nothing in between making out and sex, and obviously no sex.
9. Do you and your boyfriend ever feel tempted?
We’re both young adults in our 20s. We’re not superhumans who have no emotions or hormones. It was actually harder to stay committed to purity when we first began dating than it is now, over four years later. We make sure to avoid temptation by not spending time alone in places that could cause us to “stumble.”
10. Did your parents force you to wear a purity ring?
No. I actually asked them to buy me one as a gift. They talked and prayed with me before I signed the contract because they wanted me to be 100% sure about my commitment and what it really means.
11. What are the benefits of purity rings?
Knowing that I’m obeying God, saving my purity for my future husband, not contracting STDs, not being called derogatory names like slut or whore,and not experiencing an unplanned pregnancy.
12. What does the Bible say about purity?
Check out these scriptures: 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8, Psalm 51:10, Leviticus 11:44-45, 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, Romans 12:1-2, Numbers 32:23, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, Titus 2:11-12, Matthew 15:19-20, Ephesians 5:3-4, Proverbs 4:14-15, Jeremiah 17:10.
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any other questions!